Last Thursday, I was on the hot seat in my lab meeting. It was my turn to basically give an expose with respect to what I am doing in my dissertation research. Since there were new members in the lab, and since it has been awhile since I have updated the members with what I was up to, it was time I did this presentation.
Anyway, I did it, and it went well. It went considerably better than last April, when I defended my dissertation proposal. Even though I successfully defended it, the storyline I had was still shady, and my committee members were more worried than supportive. This time, they were definitely in my support.
So yeah, there's meetings to be held. I need to meet my adviser to deal with the comments that we got in this previous lab meeting and finalize the experimental design. I also need to meet with the lab manager (who happens to be in my committee) to finalize the legal aspect of my experiments and to make sure that I am not violating any ethical rules and what not. Hopefully, within this semester, my experiment will see the light of day and I will move along forward.
Oh, the sweet smell of progress indeed.